COOKIES AND CREAM BREAKAWAY
· 10oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
· 15 regular size Oreos, plus 3 more for topping
Preparation: Line an 8×8 pan with enough parchment or wax paper for a 1 inch overhang on each side.
1. Place chocolate in a double boiler over low heat and stir continuously, until chocolate is completely melted. Transfer chocolate to a heat proof bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Add chopped Oreos and stir to combine. Pour mixture into pan. Use a spatula to smooth out top.
2. Finely chop remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top. Chill for about 10 minutes until chocolate becomes solid.
3. Lift whole bark out of pan by holding onto parchment or wax overhang. Split bark into pieces with a fork.
A few notes:
· To shave off even more time use mini Oreos to bypass chopping regular size ones.
· If white chocolate doesn’t suit your taste, use any chocolate that does.
· You can leave the top bare but keep in mind it will look slightly grey from the mix of black Oreo crumbs against the white. To avoid the unappetizing grey tint either drizzle the top with chocolate or sprinkle finely crushed Oreos on top.
2 Ingredient Truffles
How was everyones 4th? Did you all have fun, food, & Family? We sure did and not to mention we had some awesome fireworks! I did break down and make Miss A a shirt, I will add a little tutorial for you soon, here in Utah we still have the 24th to celebrate too! I thought I would share an easy recipe that reaps LOT & Lots of Praise! Besides it is super easy and cheap!
Do you have a love for the truffles but they all seem like a lot of work? Well these are defiantly the ones for you. They take little time and you only need 2 ingredients! I found these when looking for fun treats for a cookie exchange I went to a while back. They are so easy and yummy. I think just the name Truffles People assume you went to lots of work ;)
- 1 8oz pack of Cream cheese
- Chocolate (1 pkg of almond bark or 2 1/2 boxes of melting chocolate)
Start with whipping your cream cheese, while that is whipping melt half of your chocolate. Set the other half aside that is what you will coat your truffles with. I melted my Chocolate in the microwave 2 minutes and stirred and did 30 second intervals until it was all melted. Add the melted chocolate to your cream cheese and mix wellAT this point you can go onto the next step and keep it 2 Ingredients or I like to try my luck and test different combos. I have added some mint extract to make them mint truffles, I have also whipped in a 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter (my husband and his work favorite!). If you want 2 types simply split the mix here and add different flavors (I am going to try orange next!). Next once you decide what flavor you would like and it is mixed in scoop out your mix onto wax paper. I use a mini scoop so they stay similar in size. you can also use a spoon and drop them onto wax paper. Refrigerate the balls for about 1 hr until firm enough to hold their shape in melted chocolate. I usually shape them into better ball shapes before I dip them. Melt your other half of chocolate, I added a little shortening because a very wise woman (Tara’s Mom!) told me a little shortening in your melted chocolate gives it a shinny coat! Dip then decorate! You can add sprinkles to pretty them up, I added some melted peanut butter to the peanut butter ones. You can also roll them in powdered sugar and coco powder if you don’t want to dip them!
Strawberry 2 Ingredient Fudge
· 1 (16 oz) can of strawberry frosting
· 1 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
How to Make
1. Prepare a 9x9 pan by spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Over a double boiler, or in the microwave, melt your white chocolate chips.
3. When chips are melted, remove from heat and stir in your strawberry frosting, evenly.
4. Spread in your prepared pan and place in fridge to set for 30 minutes.
5. Cut into squares to serve.
Two Ingredient Flourless Nutella cake
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
4 large or extra large eggs
8 1/2 ounces Nutella (weigh this out on a scale)
1. Grease a 6 or 7 inch round springform pan. Then line with parchment paper on sides and on bottom. (One of the cakes I made, I simply sprayed pan but it still sticks, so it is best to line with parchment paper. By spraying with oil first, the parchment paper stick ons better.) Preheat oven to 350F. Beat eggs on highest speed with stand mixer until about triple in volume, about 6 minutes. The egg consistency is the key to making this recipe work, so don’t try to save time on this step. Eggs must be beaten until triple in volume as that is what creates the cake.
2. Measure out Nutella into a glass bowl. Microwave Nutella for about 20 seconds to make it softer. Add in 1/3 of the egg mixture. Gently stir with a spatula in the same clockwise direction until all of the egg is mixed in and no streaks remain. Then add another 1/3 of egg mixture and fold again until no egg streaks remain. Pour in remaining third and make sure to scrape the foam that sticks to the mixing bowl into the batter and stir until no streaks remain. Make sure to do this in 3 batches because otherwise the whipped eggs may lose too much of the air that has been whipped into them if you try to do it all at once.
3. Pour batter into springfoam pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan and cutting and serving.
Fried Bacon Eggs
· 4 eggs
· 4 tablespoons flour
· 1 beaten egg
· 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
· 4 strips of bacon
· canola oil for frying
1. Boil eggs in a small pot of water until they reach soft boil stage (about 3-4 minutes, I used egg timer). Then remove eggs and place in a bowl of ice water. Let the eggs completely cool in the ice water which should take about 10 or 15 minutes.
2. When cooled, peel the eggs by gently tapping them. There will be one side of the egg that is easier to peel. There should be part of the egg that does not come out of the shell easily. For this part, use a spoon to get inside the shell in order to help remove the egg from the shell. Heat 2 cups of vegetable oil in a small saucepan.
3. While that heats, place the flour, the beaten egg and the breadcrumb in 3 separate bowls.
4. Cook the bacon until it is dark red and crispy. Then chop the bacon into small pieces (or put it through a food processor) and add to the breadcrumb bowl.
5. Coat each soft-boiled egg in the flour, then coat with the egg. Dump the breadcrumb/bacon mixture onto the egg, trying to get as much of it to stick and coat as possible. Then re-dredge the egg in the yolk and dump more breadcrumbs/bacon onto the egg. I find it easiest to take a handful of breadcrumb mixture and drop it onto the egg rather than let roll the eggs in the breadcrumbs. Place one egg at a time in the hot oil. Turn the egg after about 10-20 seconds to brown on all sides. Remove the egg to a paper towel and continue with the rest of the eggs.
6. Serve while warm.
nutella lava cookies
o 1 cup butter
o 1¼ cup sugar
o 2 large eggs
o 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
o 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
o 1/4 tsp. salt
o 1 tsp. baking powder
o 1 1/2 cups large semi-sweet chocolate chips
o nutella for filling
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder at low speed until well blended.
3. Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop up about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the ball in the palm of your hand and put in about 1/2 tbsp of nutella in the middle of the dough. Then wrap the edges around to form a ball and to cover the nutella completely. Place on the prepared baking sheets, and repeat process, placing balls about 2 inches apart. Bake about 13-16 minutes, until cookies are cooked and slide easily off of parchment paper. Serve while warm.